Last Updated on: 17th September 2023, 11:02 pm
The hair treatment industry is a fast-growing and highly competitive sector of the consumer market. As people are often spending a lot of money on treatments, it’s important to know what the best hair treatments are and what the most common mistakes to avoid are when choosing one. Here are 5 common mistakes you need to avoid when choosing a hair treatment solution
1. Avoid taking supplements and vitamins if you are undergoing chemotherapy
Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy should avoid taking supplements and vitamins.
The reason for this is that some of the medications for chemotherapy can bind with these supplements, rendering them ineffective. It’s best that you discuss the specifics of your situation with your doctor before taking any supplements. The lifestyle changes after a diagnosis are often overwhelming. There is a lot to think about and take care of, which can be difficult while undergoing such treatments as chemotherapy. One area where you might not know what to do is healthcare and nutrition-related decisions with regard to what you put in your body during treatments like chemo.
2. Understand your needs and the type of hair you have before choosing a hair treatment
The hair treatment depends on what type of hair you have. There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to this. Depending on the type of hair you have, there are specific treatments that will suit your needs. If you want a healthy head of hair and maintain it easily, then treatments that are most effective for you are those that offer strength and conditioning to your hair. If you want to grow your hair quickly and strengthen it, then treatments with keratin proteins might be the best option for you.
The use of coconut oil for hair treatment has proven to be effective for most hairs.
3. Use oil regularly to add moisture to your scalp, for best results use cold-pressed oils only
Cold-pressed oils are best for the health of your scalp and they will absorb into your hair better.
To keep your scalp healthy, using cold-pressed oils is a good idea. When you use cold-pressed oils, it penetrates into the pores of the skin and hair much more efficiently than other types of oils. Not only does this make your scalp healthier, but it also makes styling easier.
4. Read the label on any hair products before buying them, look for natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals
If you’re looking for a shampoo to replace your chemical-laden brands, look at the label. If you see any of these ingredients on the list, you might want to rethink your purchase. These are some of the worst offenders:
- Sulfates–A chemical compound used for cleansing and lathering in soap and shampoo formulas.
- Parabens–A preservative found in many shampoos and moisturizers.
- Alcohol–Used as a solvent or detergent; it is often found in hair volumizing products.
- Silicone–A polymer that coats the hair shaft to add shine. It can also be used to create volumizing foam, but its effects are temporary.
You may want to consider using organic shampoo which consists mostly of natural ingredients.
5. Do not overuse heat styling devices as this can dry out your hair over time
The use of heat styling devices on hair can be a great way to manage your hair. It will help you to create different styles and can help you to get that sleek, straight look that is desired by many.
However, it is important to note that these devices can cause some damage if they are overused. A study in 2006 found that the average person uses their heating tools more than once a day, which causes dryness and breakage. This means that while you may love the results of your heat styling device, it may be possible for it to cause some damage if it is being used too often. Just make sure not to overuse the tool and keep in mind any sensitivities or allergies!